mytemple

free joss sticks for sale! (irony intended)


Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Time of The Golden Arrows

HELLO EVERYBODY!

Had exceptionally more things to do yesterday in camp because people are practising how to use their bow and arrows. So I got some injury and more are expected on the way.

BUT BUT I got to say the experience of going out is rather enriching. At least I got to talk with people in depth and realised that there are people who still favours minimum wage policy although it wil be detrimental. Maybe he doesn't realise about the bad side (backside, HAHA!) of the minimum wage policy. HmM. Talked alot of rubbish together. Like the petrol ban because my friend there rides a motorbike, why is there a difference in development of Singapore and Malaysia, if foreigners led to less jobs for locals etcetc. Although he is a Malay himself, there wasn't any element of racism and we were truthful with what we felt. I call this constructive exchange. LOL

Anyway, was hyper tired on the way home but today I got a hyper nice Bus Captain!! And it really made the day. He may be bald, but he greets everyone who board the bus and checks the aircon every now and then to make sure we are feeling comfy. Some aunties who are going to the markets seem to know him very well! It is SMRT's good fortune to have such good employee, although I still detest their furry seats. Traps dust that can fill up one Krusty Crab.

Took MRT from CCK to my house. I really felt that no matter how developed Singapore is, how good our education system is etcetc, we cannot deny the fact that we still face the problem of juvenile delinquents. There was this trio on the same pole as me, talking about how they hate people staring at them because of their outlandish hairstyle and how their friend got into hospital because he got hacked by a parang toh, with a sense of accomplishment! LOL. My point is, Singapore faces declining birth rate (not sure about now), so every child born is becoming increasing valuable to the country as the people is the asset.

LOL this is getting so serious. HAHA!

Let me post something random then~!










Professor Parkash Chander

National University of Singapore, Head of Department of Economics

And seriously, I did not choose NUS in the end because of somebody. I find it rather nonsensical. 'Nuff said. Some jokes should be thrown away after its expiry date.

Now, my brother juat came along and asked which university I chose. And he was surprised that I chose NUS. Only now then he tell me he felt NUS is the weakest among the 3 universities. And he didn't want to say that when I asked for opinions so long ago. There is just this consensus among my family members this time round. I think they have agreed to let me choose whatever I want so all of them refrained from giving their opinions on choices. Now that I have chosen, he ask me why I choose the weakest. I rather he tell me from the start where he thinks I should go. And not to always give a half-hearted answer whenever I asked for opinions. Part of the reason I chose NUS is the fees, half of which he will be paying.

This really wrecked the day, although it is ending.

If I make a wrong decision, it will be entirely my fault, period. Because my sister, my brother and his girlfriend have already told me they felt NUS is not good for its economics. And I still chose it, albeit at the very last moment. Perhaps their perception of what I am going to do in future is different from what I had in mind.

Most often, encouragement doesn't come when you need it the most.

OPTIMISM!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home