mytemple

free joss sticks for sale! (irony intended)


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sour Grapes

*NEWSFLASH*

Singapore's Ministry of Defence has declared a three-day time-out (12-14 June) on all physical and endurance training activities in the army, navy and air force.

This follows the deaths of two servicemen within two days. 20-year-old Officer Cadet (OCT) Lam Jia Hao Clifton, a pilot trainee with the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF), died on Wednesday, one-and-a-half hours after he collapsed while he was undergoing jungle orientation training in Brunei.

A day earlier, 20-year-old army recruit Andrew Cheah Wei Siong died after he fainted while taking part in a two-kilometre walk training activity on Pulau Tekong.

Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean said the time-out will allow the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) to review and re-focus on training activities to ensure that proper procedures are in place before training resumes. - CNA/ir

*NEWSFLASH*

Personally, I feel that there will always be fishes who can escape from the fishing nets. LOL Just like how Mas Selamat escaped from a detention centre. Nothing is perfect, right? The training methodology can be changed and refined numerous times but it certainly cannot cover for all people, for everybody has different physical weakness. Of course, changes have to be made and I can understand the feeling of the deceased's family members. But the presence of conscription has always and will always be a controversial issue, though we all know its presence is a must to deter aggressors. So, I really hope the family members can understand the dilemma the government is facing.

Anyway, booked out TODAY!!! Although I do that every other day. HAHA!

Have been watching videos of Jam Xiao on Youtube since I returned home. LOL All the way until now. HAHA. Some of the songs he sing is really very very very nice. Especiallyn the one he was competing with Lai Ming Wei for the Highest-Pitched voice. His ending attempt was so intriguing.

Back to topic. Was in mood today, so I went to cut my supposedly long hair and bought a big basket of crimson seedless grapes at Holland Village Cold Storage without even deciding if it will be nice. LOL It really feels good sometimes to do something without even weighing the consequences, just going with your heart. Oh yah. So the sign there wrote a price per 100grams. So after taking one basket of grapes, I was walking around searching for the non-existent weighing machine.

And I found a machine, really! It has a touch screen and a silver box by the side. I thought the weighing machines nowadays have became so advanced and I was just a step from putting my grapes on the silver box until I touched the screen and it showed me lists of recipes and cooking tips! -.- HOW CAN A WEIGHING MACHINE TEACH YOU RECIPES!?!? But there is seriously no machines around that produces the sticker showing the price!

So I decided to act dumb (live longer) and go to the cashier and try to pay money. HAHA! And it worked! Because the cashier's conveyor belt (something Peifang is buying for her Dad because she said the belt she bought for her Dad is not big enough!! AHAH!!) has a in-built weighing machine! RAHH!

COLD STORAGE GOT NO MORE STICKERS SHOWING PRICE!

Went home feeling like a sour grape then, as in not like the fox-didnt-eat-grape thing but the feeling went juice splurts out of a grape when you bite into it, just that the juice is SOUR.

So I continued to watch the videos like nobody's business while eating sweet grapes! There was one when Jam was invited to SPOP. That is one of the few rare times when I felt Quan Yi Feng didnt compere well enough. Jam Xiao was like even more awkward lah! The most hilarious video is the one below in 康熙来了.



Really a pity that I don't have that cable channel.

Still got videos where he was invited to shows like 棒棒糖 when those 棒棒糖 guys really cannot sing for nuts! I think they were disturbing Jam Xiao and the Youtube comments for them was really bad! The other funny one was when he was interviewed by 国光帮帮忙.

Until just now when I was bugging Tracy to tell me more about FASS de system. LOL. Now I need to start deciding what exposure modules I want to do and have high chance of being able to do well! Mentioning about university makes me think of Economics and reminded me that Credit Suisse estimated that inflation for June might reach 8.5%!!

Making plans for the future already Wei Hong! Well Done! No need clap. Crap. I still got 1.5 years to go. ZZzZZZzzzZZ

Maybe I should post the funny videos of Jam Xiao here! LOL. Beats you reading tonnes of words I have typed.

Enough for today. Farewell my people. I will miss you all. (See, I didn't use commonly used word like Bye because my blog is going INTERNASIONAL, sia lah!, with visitors from US, Turkey, Germany, Russia. High standards. HAHA)

THANK YOU. YOU. HAHA!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home