mytemple

free joss sticks for sale! (irony intended)


Thursday, May 29, 2008

That was 2 months of inactivity!

HELLO MY BABES AND HUNKS! *WAVES*







BYEBYE!















HAHA! No lah no lah! I willl not end this entry until I have successfully painted my 2 months of interesting monotonous life! YAY :)


Anyway, I ended my last post with my posting and so I shall continue from there!


Ok. Come to think of it, days are really passing fast. I have already finished my 8-week course for IS Signallers at Stagmont Camp which I think I will save everyone the agony of reading the happenings.


Lets not fill this entry up with all the army stuff. Maybe I shall talk abt the trilemma that I went through during this period and I am sure there are other people out there who has or will go through the same phase as me.


University

Starting from late April, many of us in the platoon was starting to get anxious in whether the universities that they have applied to has accepted them or not. almost every other day you hear news of people getting acceptance letters and worse, if they got letters from the university that you have applied too. Of course, there are some academically outstanding ones who got a place in places like Imperial College, Columbia University etcetc which makes local university look so minute and mediocre.


I am very fortunate and humbled to be accepted by the 3 local university in Singapore with my not-very-fantastic-results as compared to many of my fellow platoon mates in Stagmont.


Initially, I applied for all the 3 universities without an aim because I have not much of a preference at that time. So I thought I can give myself more time to think through everything and then decide on a uni.


And there I go, with the advent of the acceptance deadline drawing near, I am still rather unsettled on one university. Partly because I still spent most of the time enjoying the remaining days in camp. Mainly because each university has its own merits and demerits.


Nonetheless, I have choosen to go SMU's School of Economics AND GRAB THAT SUMMA CUM LAUDE! WHEE~! Of course, I would most probably be quite lonely there because I have no friends going there! NVM. Its all about survivability! haha!

Master Plan for next 1.5 Army Years

Over these 2 months I have also drawn up plans to upgrade myself! but those are top secret plans which I shall keep it until it matures! HAHA! Alot of factors need to be considered like my future unit and financial status etcetc.
( NINCOMPOOP. Someone from my opposite block thought that I was peeping at them and they closed the window lah! )


Rants

Passed my signal course, of course. Accepted by all 3 local universities. Increased army allowance. New working environment. Oil price hike. No guard duty for the next 1.5 months. Worsening inflation. Reduced subsidies for petroleum in Asia. Dr Chee Soon Juan. Pedra Branca Singapore's. Chosen SMU School of Economics. Outing with BMT mates. Drinking with JC clique at Clarke Quay. Sichuan Earthquake. Missed Mother's Day with my mother. Canterbury Clearance Sale.


There are so many things that happened recently that makes me wanna laugh and cry. I guess everything will simmer down soon after I have convinced myself about my uni choice. It is always difficult to type an entry after a hiatus.


I WILL UPDATE REGULARLY.



Professor Roberto S. Mariano

Dean, Singapore Management University School of Economics

Anyway, Happy June 2008 everybody!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home