mytemple

free joss sticks for sale! (irony intended)


Monday, June 16, 2008

Lizard Galore!

WOOTS. I am back from camp, yet again!

Finally brought my bedsheet and pillow case home to give it a thorough wash to rid it of the greyish shade and weird stains, though the few small brownish weird stains is still there. I really thought that the bedsheet wouldn't dry up in time for me to to bring back camp tml and use. But it is dry like dry biscuits within hours. Maybe this is one good side of global warming. LOL JOKING LAH~!

Was feeling rather siao on today! Even though I had night duty again yesterday (badly woken up at 3 am!!), I still went to have a good run after soaking the bedsheet and pillow case. Stamina really is CMI. At least at SI, there was something that pushes me to run even with aching tendons. I really miss SI and the warrant officers there!

Washed up and had breakfast. Was drinking Vitasoy and eating some cake-ish thingy that we all had eaten before when we were young. It was bought by my brother's girlfriend and seriously, it looked rather nice to eat. So, eat lor. Vitasoy plus nice cake-ish thingy plus good 'ol newspaper to read, relaxing isn't it.

A few hours later, my mother returned home. I think she was enticed by the packaging of the cake-ish thingy and she, unlike me, took out the packet from the plastic bag and suddenly,
















AHHHHHHHHHHHH! *a spine-chilling scream*









I thought my dog pee-ed at some forbidden place lah. So I went to the living room and took a look. My mother was holding on to the bag of cake-ish thingy and asking me if I ate anything from there.

THEN I SAW A FARTING BIG LIZARD SLEEPING COMFORTABLY UNDER ALL THE CAKE-ISH THINGY IN THE BAG LAH!

Can you imagine how nice the cake-ish thingy are? Even the lizard risk being killed to be able to lie with all the cake-ish thingy. Seems like I made a right choice to eat it! I guess this is what will happen when even houseflies and mozzies are not enticing. The kingdoms of houseflies and mozzies really need to buck up and pull up the wings.

My mother was still laughing, saying I shared saliva with a lizard, large one some more.

The next thing my mother said is to buy the cake-ish thingy again and leave it there to attract more lizard because she really hates the lizards. Once, she bought those sticky pads that attracts lizards to it. After a few days, you will find dismembered pieces of the lizards stuck on the sticky pads because when the lizard is stuck, it kept moving trying to break free until it tore its body. And the bad thing about it. Hordes of ants will come out to claim the lizard. So the sticky pads will have a trail of dead ants, sacrificed themselves for the rest to be able to reach the lizard.

Come to think of it, I should have kept the lizard in the bag and brought it to my current camp. I think the lizard will find the mozzies at night to be challenging. Tough wings to crack. The mozzie coils are bad for health. WE NEED NATURAL PREDATORS OF MOZZIES IN CAMP!

Come on. Don't. Don't be jealous. You people out there might not even have such a close encounter with the lizard, moreover I met a big one. HAHA! I should have taken a picture of it for safekeeping! Wasted.

For now, the lizard is safely lying together with the rubbish in the rubbish chute.

Anyway, there was this small article on the Straits Times yesterday claiming that we might have found a new source of crude oil which is produced as by-products by bacteria, just now how ethanol is produced from yeast. And if it feeds on the Brazilian sugar canes, a barrel of crude oil might just cost USD50!! It is really something to look forward to amid all the noise about having not enough crude oil production as demand is outstripping the supply. Isn't that the purpose of abolishing subsidies and raising prices so that demand will decrease because it is no longer worth it to consume oil, though we learn that it is a commodity we are all too dependent on. I suddenly thought of Ms Lai. (Shall not post her cute picture here)

We shouldn't really be too concerned with the oil thing actually. What we have forgotten is the core of the current problem. We are facing global warming because of too much carbon dioxide being released into the air. Yes, we need carbon caps, we need to reduce production levels to that of many years ago. However, we also need to constantly replenish the lungs of Earth. Have we been focusing on reforestation? Are we all giving it up because we all deem it as something which only produces effect in the long term?

Ironic isn't it? It is precisely because trees help in the long term, that is why we should start now. By the time carbon caps are taking its effect, we will realise that the lungs are working. Reducing carbon production is not going to work well, because it is a reduction, not a ban. Allowing the nature to take its natural path is the one more certain way of preventing a catastrophe.

Everyone should watch An Inconvenient Truth and National Geographic's 6 Degrees.

And why am I getting so anal about the global warming thing?

Because I cannot get to have a good sleep in camp due to the thermometer bulb blasting temperature. I will keep tossing on the bed to get to a new cooler spot. Just when I was about to fall asleep, the guy sleeping on the upper level of the double decker bed starts his choosing of the cooler spot. So the double decker will start to shake like people shaking their bombom. And the most irritating thing is that there is a wall fan! But it only turns for 5 degrees before it turns away again! So it is practically only blowing cool air to the lifeless aisle.

I must try to fix that tml when I return to camp.

I MUST!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home